Thursday, February 25, 2010

How to cook from your stockpile

Its great that I have all this food in my house.. but its pointless if I dont use it! This week is a perfect example of how I use my stockpile to plan meals.

Last year in November, I got turkeys for .29 cents a pound! So I bought (3) 20lb turkeys for about 5.50-5.80 each! We ate 1 for thanksgiving.. and have two left. I took one out a few days ago to defrost.

Dinner 1: Turkey, sweet potatoes, green bean casserole, dinner rolls
Dinner 2: Turkey Tetrizzine (which I took to Church for a potluck) cut turkey, pasta, milk, cheese, butter, flour
Dinner 3: Turkey Tortilla soup, turkey stock from the bones, corn, black beans, salsa, sour cream, tortillas, cheese
Dinner 4:Open Faced Turkey Sandwich, bread, gravy, mashed potatoes, peas
Dinner 5: Grilled Turkey and Cheese sandwich with tomato soup

Aside from needing milk.. I dont have to do any grocery shopping this week! I have all of these ingredients in my stockpile or hiding in my fridge. Which means this weeks menu cost just $5.67 for the turkey!

No comments:

Post a Comment